- Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Avalon Intense Defense with Vitamin C serum
Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Avalon Intense Defense with Vitamin C serum
One thing you can’t complain when it comes to skin care is that you’re not able to find the right skin care products for your needs.
The market sure gives us better and newer products every day and you don’t always have to spend all your rent money on good quality cosmetics. It may get tricky if you’re determined to get the organic solutions without paying the high dollar, but even so the chances of finding a great solution do look good.
Who is Avalon Organics? Why try the Avalon Organic Intense Defense with Vitamin C Serum?
Avalon Organics is all about the wisdom of nature and all the beauty solutions that the Earth is giving us. Formulated on botanicals, Avalon Organics is creating products that maintain our wellness, health on one holistic point of view.
When it comes to the respect for all living beings, Avalon Organics makes no compromises and all of its products are both cruelty-free and vegan. Their products are never tested on animals and the ingredients are always checked for not being tested on animals. The commitment to kindness is essential for Avalon Organics and the leaping bunny logo is easy to notice on all product labels.
As a side note, The Leaping Bunny Program is a symbol for cruelty-free cosmetics, household products and personal care and it’s recognized all over the world.
Intensive Defense with Vitamin C serum addresses sun spots, wrinkles and fine lines and refreshes the skin, improving your skin complexion. The serum sustains the collagen and elastin production in skin and leaves your skin smoother and evener.
UV rays and pollution are the main cause for free radicals and they’re the most important outer stressors that cause premature aging of the skin. Antioxidants are able to fight against the free radicals and the Avalon Intense Defense with Vitamin C serum is formulated on numerous antioxidant-rich ingredients.
What are the precise ingredients within the formula?
White Tea, lemon bioflavonoids and vitamin C are only some of the ingredients within the formula of the serum and it’s better to have a detailed look for better understanding of the serum’s performance.
- Aloe leaf juice-comforts the skin and alleviates symptoms in various skin conditions. It’s a common ingredient when treating eczema and psoriasis.
- Sunflower seed oil-may reduce itchiness and heal the damaged skin faster. It moisturizes the skin thanks to its high concentration of Vitamin E. It comforts the skin and protects it from the damaging UVs.
- Cacao seed butter-protects the injured skin from outer stressors. It brings relief to skin and helps the skin seal in water. It creates a protective barrier on the skin’s surface.
- Bergamot fruit oil-is able to eliminate dirt and various impurities from skin, cleansing it efficiently. It benefits the oily skin and controls the oil production in skin.
- Orange peel oil- moisturizes the skin and keeps the damage of UVs under control.
- Matricaria flower extract-it heals the skin and keeps acne at bay as it has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial abilities. It ensures easier absorbency of the other ingredients to the skin.
- Linseed seed oil-it’s loaded with antioxidants and reduces the damage on cellular level. It sustains the health of the skin.
- Rosa canina fruit oil-benefits the acne-prone and dull skin. It brightens the skin complexion and moisturizes the skin. It smooths out acne scars and evens out the skin tone. It exfoliates the skin and increases its firmness.
- Lavender flower/leaf/stem extract-evens the skin tone and brightens scars. It controls the oil production in skin and has anti-inflammatory properties. It keeps acne and breakouts at bay. it sooths the irritated skin.
- Olive leaf extract-is an anti-aging agent that sustains the cellular regeneration. It removes the dead skin cells and nourishes the skin.
- Ascorbic acid-protects the skin against the damaging UVs. It reduces inflammation in skin and slows down the aging process. It moisturizes the skin and gives it a nice glow.
On top of everything else, the serum has no GMOs and it’s vegan. It’s made with organic ingredients and the recipient is biodegradable. The serum addresses all skin types and it’s preserved with sodium benzoate.
What’s the best way to use it? How does it feel on skin?
Proper skin care routine should always begin with a good cleansing. Avalon Organics Intense Defense Cleansing Gel is a solution from the same line and using it it’s going to improve the performance of the serum. Plus, it’s always good for your skin to use products from the same cosmetic line.
The serum has a right consistency and it’s not runny. The pump dispenser works fine and you don’t need a big amount of the serum for your skin. You may include the serum in both of your AM and PM skin care routine on cleansed and dry skin.
Easy to use and to absorb, the serum is good value for the money. Additionally, it’s easy to store and to take when travelling. As for the smell, many out there really go for it, whereas some aren’t fancy about it. Therefore, we’re kind of sitting on the fence about this one.
Don’t forget about moisturizing your skin. Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Crème is going to make the effects of the serum show even faster, while taking care of your skin too.
What do we like the most about it? Is there something we like less?
The serum is good for many things and we’ve shorted our pros to the following:
- It stimulates the cellular renewal
- It protects the skin against photo-aging
- It stops free radicals and sustains the collagen and elastin production in skin
- It addresses fine lines and sagginess, reducing their visibility
- It smooths out the acne scars and improves the skin tone
- It brightens the skin complexion
- It has a nice consistency and it’s easily absorbed
- It’s good value for the price
- It’s a cruelty-free and vegetarian cosmetic product
None of the downsides are deal breakers for us but it’s only fair that we list them too:
- It takes a few pumps to get enough amount
- One may not go for its smell
- Some find the dispenser tricky to use
The final thought
Improving your skin complexion, smoothing acne scars and helping your skin texture and overall appearance to get healthier and better looking, you shouldn’t skip the serum whenever in need. Don’t forget the good price as you don’t want to come back home with an empty wallet.
Other Vitamin C serums we have reviewed: the Serumtologie Vitamin C, the Mad Hippie Vitamin C, the ArtNaturals Vitamin C Serum, the Claire-ity 25% Vitamin C Serum, the Lumirance Vitamin C Serum Review.