Toners are among the least used products for facial skin care. We all know the phrase “cleanse, tone, moisture the skin” but a lot of us forget the part where we have to use a toner. Maybe because we don’t know the benefits of using one, think it’s a waste of money or time, or we did not select a suitable product for our skin type.
The role of a toner is to cleanse, refresh, smooth, control oil, and hydrate the skin after cleansing. Also, it prepares the skin for the moisture we’ll apply.
Depending on our skin type, toners are an important step in having a healthy and beautiful skin because they also balance the pH, reduce the redness and acne and help to get rid of oily skin.
However choosing the right one, it’s difficult. Sometimes these are full of synthetic ingredients and harsh chemicals that irritate and dry out the skin.
- Top 3 Natural Toner
- Best Natural Toner for Acne Skin
- Best Natural Toner for Oily Skin
- Best Natural Toner for Dry Skin
- Best Natural Toner for Combination Skin
- Best Natural Skin Toner
Why choose natural?
Natural means safe, healthy, free of synthetics formulas, fragrances, parabens, petroleum and oil-derived ingredients, and others substances that can harm us and the environment.
Why read the label?
Knowing the ingredients on the label is always the first step we should take when shopping for a toner. The product has to be free of:
- synthetic polymers and fragrances
- isopropyl alcohol
- sodium lauryl sulfate
- mineral oil and petroleum derivatives and so on.
We should also see if the product has the Natural Seal from Natural Product Associaton (a government agency does not yet regulate a nonprofit organization that attends the natural products industry ) or other natural/organic seals. That means the product has minimum 95% natural ingredients, avoids ingredients with health risks, uses recyclable packing, and it’s not using animal testing.
Which is the correct toner for our skin type?
- Knowing our type will assure us that we buy a suitable product that does not create skin disorders.
- Healthy skin is the right one to have, is not easily irritated, is not too oily or too dry, and has fewer pores. We can choose a toner with healthy ingredients, suitable for all skin types.
- For dry skin, we should select a product with moisturizing and hydrating ingredients like glycerin, aloe or jojoba seeds, antioxidants and cell repairing substances, and free of alcohol.
- Oily skin needs a refreshing and gentle toner, with non-comedogenic oils and antibacterial substances, and free of alcohol.
- For sensitive skin, we need a toner with moisture and non-irritative ingredients that will calm and smooth the skin.
- Dealing with a combination skin can be tricky because we have to cope with both oily and dry or normal skin. We’ll need a product that balances oil production while moisturizing the skin.
- Acne prone skin is tough to manage because using the wrong product can get more pimples and more oily surfaces. It’s better to look for products with fewer oils and with healing ingredients.
Top 3 Natural Toner
A classic in the line of astringents and toners, this product, is still the right option. It is suitable for all types of skin, is free of alcohol, has a good price. This product does an excellent job of cleaning the face of make-up and oil residues, calms redness, moisturizes, reduces inflammation and irritation of the skin, helps with cystic acne and sebum production. It is more hydrating than other products with witch hazel, has a soft fragrance of roses and leaves the skin clean and fresh. It is not sticky, does not dry and does not clog pores. Thanks to his ingredients, it has a gentle and light formula that moisturizes and refreshes the face.
Formula: 100% natural ingredients, certified aloe vera and witch hazel, rose water, grapefruit seed extract.
- For all skin types
- Minimizes skin inflammation and irritation
- Controls oil production
- Reduces and helps to heal acne
- Leaves skin soft and even
- Excellent price
This product is a suitable choice for normal, sensitive, dry, oily and acne prone skin. Due to its active ingredients: rose water and witch hazel, it balances the skin pH, improves skin condition, ameliorates irritation and acne and controls oil production. It has a delicate and fresh scent of rose. It evaporates rapidly, leaves the face smooth and clean. Does not irritate or dry out, helps with the redness and acne breakouts.
Formula: 97% organic ingredients, rose petals water, witch hazel, seaweed, vitamin B3.
- Leaves face smooth
- Moisturizing effect
- Improves skin condition
- Ameliorates medium acne
- Small quantity for the price
This mineral toner is perfect for all skin types due to its active ingredients. When applied it feels fresh and revigorating, it is light and gives a good hydration. The spray cleanses well the impurities and oil residues, calms irritation, helps with fine lines and acne breakouts and tighten pores. It leaves the face fresh and moisturized.
Formula: 99,4% natural ingredients, algae extract, vitamin C, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid.
- Cleanse properly
- Helps with fine lines, acne, and oil
- Leaves face fresh and hydrated
- The fragrance is a bit unpleasant at first
Best Natural Toner for Acne Skin
With 99,5% natural ingredients in its formula, this product is the right option for those of us with acne condition. It has salicylic acid, naturally derived from willow bark extract to reduce acne and to prevent new breakouts, and witch hazel and lemongrass to clarify skin. After using it, the skin feels moisturized, smooth and clean, removing the makeup and oil residue. Does not sting and it is not sticky. It is gentle and refreshing and improves skin and acne condition in time.
- Reduces acne
- Leaves the skin clean
- Suitable also for oily skin
- Good price
- Contains alcohol and perfume
Best Natural Toner for Oily Skin
It is designed for combination and oily skin, and calms irritation and redness and combats overproduction of sebum, reduces acne condition and tightens the pores, and balances the skin. It is very gentle, soaks in rapidly, hydrates well and has a pleasant herbal fragrance. It leaves a clean and calm skin with a matte finish.
Formula: It is certified By NATURE, cruelty-free, vegan, non-GMO with daisy extract, witch hazel, echinacea.
- Controls oil production
- Reduce acne and irritation
- Proper hydration
- Contains alcohol
Best Natural Toner for Dry Skin
Ideal for cleansing, refreshing and hydrating, the stonecrop spray is also a good choice for dry, sensitive or normal skin. It has an earthy herbal scent and leaves the skin with a cooling, refreshing sensation. The mist is very moisturizing, soothes the dry skin, does not irritate and is not sticky. It also has a calming effect on the sensitive skin.
Formula: 100% natural, USDA organic certified, stone crop juice, salicylic acid.
- Moisturizing and very hydrating
- Leaves face clean
- Not greasy
- Useful also for other skin types
Best Natural Toner for Combination Skin
This product gel comes all the way from New Zealand and is designed specifically for sensitive, dry or irritated skin, but suitable also for combination skin. It has a creamy white texture that profoundly nourishes and hydrates the skin, absorbs quickly and has no fragrance. It feels soft and light, calms irritation or redness and improves skin appearance.
Formula: certified natural by BFHI, Germany, certified organic coconut oil and glycerin, harakeke flax extract, hypoallergenic.
- Gentle and moisturizing
- Calms irritation
- Leaves face clean and soft
- Not suitable for very oily skin
Best Natural Skin Toner
This is a simple and high-quality choice for those of us with healthy skin. It cleanses the skin gently, is refreshing and has a beautiful fragrance of roses. The rose toner leaves the face hydrated, smooth and with a cooling sensation. It is good also for oily, dry or combination skin and has a calming effect on acne.
Formula: 100% rose water.
- Leaves the skin clean and smooth
- Not greasy
- Fresh and hydrated sensation