Scientifically proving its benefits and performances, the dermaroller is not just a beauty trend anymore, but a valid option to address various skin conditions.
Using the best skincare products to get the best out of it, the dermaroller should be the next addition to your skin care regimen. One thing to keep in mind: get the best serums too!
Why use serums with your dermaroller?
Serums are amazing cosmetics to use with your dermaroller as they go deep into your skin, impressing with their benefits to your skin complexion. Typically, serums are formulated with highest active ingredients in the skin care and the dermaroller is only going to prep your skin to fully and quickly absorb the powerful ingredients.
Using the derma roller and the serums together is only going to get you closer to your main purpose: to slow down the aging of your skin and to get a healthier and better looking skin asap.
Which serums work best?
One thing you need to know about serums is that they are made to address specific skin conditions. If you’re aiming for a brighter skin and evener skin tone, a Vitamin C serum is going to be your best choice after the derma roller. By contrary, if you’re only going for better hydration and moisturizing of your skin, a hyaluronic acid serum is going to be the perfect option.
The more ingredients your serum is going to include, the better the chances for you to address several skin problems at the same time. Whether you go for the Vitamin E serums or the sophisticated formulas, one thing is obvious: the market is generous and it only takes you a couple of minutes to decide which way to go.
Top 5 Serums After Dermaroller
1. One of the best things you can do for your skin is to hydrate it accordingly. If that’s your main skin-related concern, you should follow your dermarolling with the Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Cosmedica Skincare.
The serum is able to fill in the wrinkles and fine lines, thus giving your skin a younger feel. Its formula includes 100% hyaluronic acid and it’s both natural and organic.
Even though the serum’s low price is one of its main advantages, the serum is a lot more than just a cheap option to use after the derma roller. It’s a nice serum for the dry skin and plumps the skin efficiently, lessening the appearance of wrinkles.
The serum works for brightening the skin complexion, making the age spots and dark spots more difficult to notice. It’s safe to use on all skin types and both the sensitive and the oily skin may benefit from it.
Thicker than expected, the serum is easy to use and soaks right into your skin. It leaves your skin glowing and soft, moisturizing and hydrating the skin for quite some time. You can use it AM and PM. It’s easy to spread and mixes nicely with other cosmetic products.
Here’s what we really like about it:
- The serum is made with 100% hyaluronic acid
- It hydrates and moisturizes the skin
- It gives the skin a healthy glow
- It comes for an attractive price
Beggars can’t be choosers, but the downsides aren’t major at all:
- It may leave a sticky feel
- The pump could use some improvement
All in all, for a very good price, you’re getting a hyaluronic acid serum that benefits your skin, no matter the type.
2. Going shopping on a tight budget is no picnic but you don’t necessarily come back home empty handed as the market is quite generous. The Claire-Ity 25% Vitamin C serum may not be the revolutionary serum out there, but it sure deserves in place within the good quality serums to use after your derma roller.
The serum makes a nice impression right from the start as it’s formulated with 25% vitamin C and a very long list of ingredients. They’re carefully selected, addressing various skin matters. You may think the serum is powerful, but the formula is in fact quite gentle and safe to use on all skin types.
Here are some of the ingredients within the formula: vitamin C, aloe Vera, hyaluronic acid, gotu kola extract, organic jojoba, witch hazel leaf extract, rosemary leaf extract, green tea, horsetail extract, and vitamin E. The serum is going to improve the elasticity of your skin, smoothing out dark spots and evening your skin tone. It protects your skin from future damage and slows down the aging of your skin.
A little goes a long way and the serum is going to get you good for quite some time. You may use it AM and PM. It has a subtle scent that fades away rather fast. You can put it right under your makeup, after using the derma roller. It doesn’t leave an oily feel afterwards and absorbs pretty fast.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- It’s made with high concentration of Vitamin C
- Its formula includes numerous plant-based ingredients
- It improves the skin complexion and fights against aging of skin
- It’s easy to use and easily absorbed into the skin
Don’t let the minor issues change your mind
- Some feel it’s a bit watery
- The pump could be improved
All in all, for the buck you’re paying, you shouldn’t sit on the fence when shopping and give it a go.
3. Younger looking skin is something that we’re all trying to achieve and one of the easy ways to do it is to use a good quality vitamin C serum, without emptying your pockets. The C Serum 22 by Serumtologie certainly fits the description and is a great product to follow your derma rolling routine.
The high concentration of vitamin C (22%) explains its anti-aging abilities, but the formula brings a lot more to the table. It’s an effective, yet gentle serum that works for all skin types, acne prone and sensitive skin as well.
Along the vitamin C, the formula also brings together ingredients that are already known for their benefits on skin. Here are some of them: aloe Vera, wild geranium, botanical hyaluronic acid, gotu kola, witch hazel, ferulic acid, dandelion, jojoba oil, vitamin E, and horsetail. The serum is going to fade out the appearance of puffiness and under-eye circles, but it’s also able to improve your skin’s tightness and elasticity. It reduces inflammation of skin and keeps acne at bay. you can also use it in case of psoriasis or eczema.
The serum has a pleasant nutty smell that doesn’t linger for long on your skin. It doesn’t contain petrochemicals, synthetic dyes, parabens, sulfates or phthalates. It has never been tested on animals and has no GMO’s or artificial aromas.
Let’s take a closer look at the pros:
- It’s made with vitamin C and natural ingredients
- It helps your skin look younger and get healthier
- It addresses various skin conditions
- It has a nice scent to it
Don’t let the minor issues get you down:
- Some expected better results for fading the fine lines and wrinkles
- It sits on the thicker side, according to some
Regardless of the minor downsides, the serum is able to satisfy your skin’s needs on several levels and it sure deserves a chance when using the derma roller.
4. Loaded with qualities, the Clarins Double Serum a good choice is designed to work on all skin types, combination, sensitive, dry or oily skin alike. It presents a two-in-one formula that includes numerous plant extracts.
The main ingredient of the serum is turmeric and the serum smooths out the skin, giving it a healthy glow and smoothing it out. It removes dullness from your skin and improves your skin tone. It increases the elasticity and firmness of skin, leaving it healthier and younger looking.
Non-comedogenic, the serum is made with anti-aging plant extracts that fade out the wrinkles and fine lines. Here’s what you’re going to find on that list: turmeric, callicarpa extract, avocado oil, oat sugars, oat kernel extract, kiwi fruit extract, mango leaf extract and cocoa extract. Each of these ingredients play its part so that the serum slows down the aging of skin, but also addresses other skin conditions. The serum reduces the risk for acne and break outs and lessens the visibility of dark spots of various causes.
On top of everything else, the serum is mineral oil-free and doesn’t contain parabens either.
You may turn the dial to choose the right dosage for each use. The serum is easy to use and you increase its formula after using the dermaroller.
Here’s a list of pros:
- It’s made with plant-based ingredients
- It improves your skin complexion and helps the skin look better
- It slows down the aging of skin
- It works great after your derma roller
Don’t let the minor issues change your mind:
- It’s not a cheap serum
- One may feel the serum sits on the thin side
As long as you’re dedicated to a proper skin care routine and don’t mind paying the high dollar, the serum shouldn’t be skipped on whenever in need.
5. Even though you may be feeling like paying the extra buck for it, splurge your skin with the Colbert MD Daily Nutrition for Skin – Stimulate The Serum.
The serum is able to boost the collagen production on deep level into your skin, restoring its health and value. Your skin becomes glowing and healthier looking.
The formula is based on a highly effective complex of plant actives and nutrients that work together deep within your skin, sustaining the new cellular growth. the serum is made with the patented QuSome technology, which offers strong active ingredients into the cell producing layers, helping the growth of a new and healthier skin.
The list of ingredients also includes gotu kola that boosts and rejuvenates your skin. It supports the collagen production in skin and reduces inflammation of skin. Glycolic acid is going to improve your skin’s texture and complexion, lessening the visibility of hyperpigmentation. The formula also contains coffee Arabica seed extract, which is a strong anti-oxidant that reverses the sun damage. The list continues with the silk peptides and the complex amino acids that increase the collagen and elastin in skin.
The serum doesn’t have a strong smell and leaves your skin smooth and healthier looking. Soon enough, you’re going to give up on wearing makeup, for sure.
Let’s highlight the best parts about the serum:
- It’s made with a strong and complex formula
- It boosts collagen and elastin production in skin
- It helps the skin look and feel younger and healthier
- It leaves the skin smooth and radiant
The minor issues aren’t deal breakers, but you need to have the full picture:
- It’s far from being a cheap serum
- The dispenser could use improvement
As long as the price tag is the last thing you notice on your cosmetic products, you shouldn’t hesitate when going shopping and get the serum at once.