Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the the vitamin C serum from Claire-Ity
When you’re trying to have a better looking skin and you’re going shopping on a tight budget, not only you have to find a skin care product that works for you, but you also have to do it within a limited budget. The whole situation may put you in a pickle, but luckily for all of us, the market gives us plenty of options to choose from.
Using a Vitamin C serum is important for your skin only if you’re determined to slow down the aging process or brighten up your skin complexion. Once you realize you do need to step up your game when it comes to your skin care regimen, it all comes clearer for you.
Why take a look at Claire-Ity 25% Vitamin C serum?
If price tag is the very first thing you’re checking when you go shopping, the vitamin C serum from Claire-Ity is definitely a go for you. Apart from the fact of being affordable, the serum is also efficient and manages to be a great surprise for the money.
As a matter of fact, the serum impresses with the 25% Vitamin C concentration and its long list of ingredients that are commonly known for their powers on well-being of the skin.
Despite its strong formula, the serum is quite delicate on skin which recommends it for use on all skin types.
The detailed view of the ingredients
Apart from the vitamin C, the serum is also formulated on plant-based ingredients and includes no alcohol nor parabens. It has never been tested on animals and, needless to say, it’s made in our USA.
Let’s go shortly over some of the most important ingredients:
- Vitamin C- slows down the aging of skin and protects it from photo damage. It minimizes the fine lines and wrinkles and brightens the skin. It makes the sun spots and discoloration less visible and protects the skin from future damage of free radicals.
- Hyaluronic acid- moisturizes and hydrates the skin. It retains the level of water in skin and hydrates it for a long time. It fills in the fine lines and gives a younger appearance to skin.
- Vitamin E-smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles. It brightens the dark spots and sooths a dry skin.
- Gotu kola extract- improves the elasticity and tightness in skin, for a younger appearance. it benefits all skin types.
- Horsetail extract- helps the skin fight against aging and controls acne. It has anti-inflammatory abilities and brings comfort in case of rashes and sunburns.
- Aloe Vera- is a reliable ingredient when addressing psoriasis and eczema. It moisturizes the skin and lowers the risk for developing acne. It slows down aging of the skin and makes the stretch marks more difficult to observe.
- Witch hazel leaf extract-heals the skin on cellular level and makes puffiness fade out. It sooths the skin and symptoms of eczema and razor burns.
- Organic jojoba- acts alike the naturally produced sebum which is why it’s able to control the oils in skin. It brings comfort to dry and rough skin and is a useful ingredient for the acne-prone skin. It’s non-comedogenic and helps in psoriasis and eczema. It has a nice nutty smell as well.
- Green tea-lowers the risk for occurrence of acne and breakouts. it presents anti-inflammatory abilities and smooths out puffiness and dark circles. It sooths the skin in eczema.
- Rosemary leaf extract-has anti-inflammatory abilities and protects the skin from sun’s damage. It increases circulation and tightens the skin.
How to use it? What’s it like when using it?
You should start by cleansing and toning your skin. Once your skin is dry, use only a bit of the serum with your fingertips to the whole face, neck and décolleté.
A little goes a long way and you can use the serum both AM and PM. It has a pleasant smell that doesn’t linger for long on skin. You may perfectly follow it with your typical skin care products. it goes great under makeup and doesn’t leave a sticky residue nor oily feel.
Lightweight and fresh, the serum is a great option to use that is going to get you good for quite some time.
Try to stay away from the eyes and it’s wise to run a patch test too. In case of allergic reaction, stop at once and get in touch with a doctor.
What are the ups and downs?
The serum is far more than an affordable serum, so here are the pros:
- It presents a 25% concentration of Vitamin C
- It’s made with plant-based ingredients
- It brightens the skin tone and improves the skin complexion
- It reduces the fine lines and wrinkles
- It brightens dark spots, age spots and sun spots
- It protects the skin from future damage
- It has a pleasant smell and it’s easily absorbed into the skin
The inherent flaws aren’t major:
- It doesn’t give results over night for some
- The risk for breakouts isn’t null
- The pump could be better
What’s our final take?
Affordable, nicely scented and strong enough to improve your skin’s appearance, slowing down the aging process, the serum is money well spent any given day.
Other Vitamin C serums we have reviewed: the Skinceuticals C Serum, the Obagi System Vitamin C Serum, the Serumtologie C Serum, the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum, the ArtNaturals Vitamin C Brightening Serum Review.