Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Klairs Pure Vitamin C Serum
Not everyone is lucky enough to have good genes and not stress over age spots, acne or other skin conditions. Even so, having clear, young and always healthy looking skin is something only to dream about. Reality check? We all have to deal with some skin issues at one point in life.
Using a cosmetic product for addressing just one skin condition may be time and money consuming, so applying a skin care product that is able to address several skin concerns at a time is ideal.
Is the Pure Vitamin C Serum by Klairs an ordinary option?
The Vitamin C serum by Klairs is far from being an ordinary choice as its formula doesn’t include just a higher concentration of Vitamin C, but also other natural ingredients that are well known for their performance on the skin.
The serum rejuvenates the skin thanks to the powerful Vitamin C, but also moisturizes and nourishes the skin for improved appearance. It’s a multi-functional serum that eliminates acne and lowers the risk for developing breakouts. it shrinks the pores and smooths out the acne scars, helping your skin look and feel better.
You can put your trust and faith into the serum when you want to fade out brown spots and you’re also looking for protecting the skin from the reoccurrence of pigmentation.
Despite its powerful formula, the serum is gentle on skin and may be also used on sensitive skin.
A double-check on the ingredients
The serum is formulated on naturally efficient ingredients that aren’t just good for the skin, but also are safe and cause no irritations.
Here’s what you’re going to find among the ingredients:
- Vitamin C-is great for reducing the fine lines and wrinkles. It brightens the dark spots and evens your skin tone, which translates into better and healthier skin. It diminishes the effects of photo damage and minimizes pores. It gives your skin a healthy radiance and improves its elasticity too.
- Gotu kola-it increases your skin’s elasticity and tightness. It works for all skin types and helps with the healing of burns and wounds.
- Anise fruit extract-it keeps the skin healthy and radiant. It brings comfort in acne and damaged skin, leaving the skin softer, smoother and more radiant.
- Grapefruit fruit extract-helps with the oil control in skin and tones your skin. It protects the skin and cleanses too, adding a nice fresh fragrance to the serum.
- Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract-is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and proteins. It shrinks the pores and leaves your skin fresh and tones. It calms the skin as it hydrates and conditions the skin. It exfoliates skin and leaves the skin tighter and firmer.
- Lavender oil-it diminishes the visibility of scars and discoloration. It has anti-inflammatory abilities and controls the oil production in skin. It keeps acne at bay and comforts the irritated skin. It doesn’t dry the skin and minimizes the risk for developing breakouts.
- Broccoli extract- boosts the collagen production in skin, slowing down the aging of your skin. It protects the skin from sun’s damage and lowers the risk for developing skin cancer. It improves your skin complexion and gives your skin a natural glow. It increases the elasticity of skin and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles.
- Camellia sinensis –reduces inflammation in skin and helps the skin fight against aging.
These are only few of the multiple ingredients within the formula of the serums.
What are the tips when using it? What’s it like for your skin?
The serum addresses to normal/combination to oily skin and you should start the routine but cleansing and toning thoroughly your skin. A solid choice would be the Klairs Facial Toner. The toner is important especially for the sensitive skin. If your skin is very sensitive, you may want to add a few drops of the serum into your regular serum/lotion. It’s important to give time to your skin until it fully adjusts to the formula.
You only need to apply a small amount of the serum. A half the dropper may be enough for the whole face. Use gentle motions and massage slowly the serum using both palms and body heat for easier absorption of the serum.
Here are some tips to remember when using the serum:
- It’s better to use it during the day. You can follow it with a sunscreen for protecting your skin.
- A slight tingling is natural to happen if this is the first time you’re using a Vitamin C serum. This is why you need to allow your skin some adjustment period.
- Store the serum in a cool and dry place, away from direct sun light in order to maintain its properties.
- It’s best to use it in 2-3 months after opening it
- Even though the serum may change a bit its colors, its properties are going to be the same.
Don’t forget to always follow the serum with a moisturizer like Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream.
What are the ups and downs?
We sure like many things about the serum so here’s the list of pros:
- It smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles
- It improves the skin complexion and brightens the skin tone
- It fades out age spots, dark spots and acne scars
- It keeps acne and breakouts at bay
- It leaves the skin younger and rejuvenated
The minor issues are no deal breakers from our part:
- It may cause irritation, so run a patch test
- It’s not a cheap serum
Is it a go or not?
Standing out with its sophisticated and effective formula, the serum is one option not to miss out on when in need so take a look at your wallet and take the leap of faith.