Review of Meladerm’s Skin Whitening Cream by Sugar & Fluff
Having black skin is amazing, but you may have to pay the price at times with some dark spots, acne scars and even sun spots.
The solutions are various and plenty and even if many only talk about hydroquinone, you can also give it a go with a cream that is hydroquinone free.
A very good example in the category is Meladerm 1.7 oz. Skin Lightening / Whitening Cream for Hyperpigmentation, Dark Spots, Scars, Discolorations, Uneven Skin Tonethat can make you a surprise you with its price tag, but it’s sure worth it every single penny.
When to use Meladerm?
Meladerm is a whitening cream that is highly efficient for lightening and whitening dark spots from various causes, hyperpigmentation, and discoloration. You can definitely give it a go when you’re looking to even your skin tone.
Therefore, you can use Meladerm whenever you want to whiten some dark spots, but don’t want to use a hydroquinone-based cream.
The efficiency of the cream comes from its special formula that includes 10 of the most reliable ingredients for whitening skin hyperpigmentation.
What are its main ingredients?
The list of ingredients is pretty long and each of them has its potency on skin, from whitening the dark spots to diminishing the blemishes or calming the sensitive skin.
Even though each of the ingredients has its abilities, we’re only going to mention and have a quick look at the most popular ones, for easier understanding of the efficiency of the cream.
Kojic acid, niacin amide, licorice, butylene glycol, mulberry root extract, lactic acid and citric acid are some of the 10 ingredients and here are some details about some of them.
- Kojic acid– is able to inhibit and prevent the production of tyrosine, the amino acid that is responsible for producing melanin. And it’s melanin the pigment that has to do to one’s hair/skin/eye color. As it inhibits the production of melanin, kojic acid is able to whiten skin.
- Niacin amide– You may know it as Vitamin B and it’s able to restore skin and to minimize aging signs too. It diminishes the enlarged pores, evens skin tone and also to eliminate dullness from skin.
- Licorice extract– it soothes and calms the itchy and inflammation of skin. It’s also known for its ability to improve the symptoms in eczema.
- Butylene glycol– this is a common ingredient that improves the texture of the skin, helping it look younger and healthier. It has a lighter texture than propylene glycol, explaining the light consistency of Meladerm.
- Mulberry root extract– has anti-aging properties and clears dark spots and blemishes. It’s great for dry and sensitive skin, leaving it soft and glowing.
- Lactic acid– it’s a form of AHA and treats the skin, with minor risk for irritation in skin. It heals the top layers of the skin and boosts the new cell turn over.
- Citric acid– it very popular and many know it evens skin tone and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles. It’s also able to unclog pores and to whiten sun spots. It’s a great ingredient for the acne-prone skin.
How to use it?
The combination of the ingredients makes Meladerm a safe choice for all skin types, African-American skin including.
It doesn’t contain mercury or bleach and it’s highly versatile as it addresses various skin conditions.
The texture of the cream is amazingly lightweight, going right away deep into your skin. It absorbs fast and doesn’t leave any residue or oily feel afterwards. It has not smell so you can easily combine it with other cosmetic products.
As it’s pretty moisturizing, many don’t follow Meladerm with a moisturizer anymore.
You can apply it in the morning, but you need to follow it with a sunscreen in this case. As it makes skin a bit more sensitive, the risk for sun burns is higher unless you’re applying sunscreen.
For safety reasons, some only included the cream in their night time routine.
You don’t need to take a break, like in the case of hydroquinone treatments. One may safely use it for straight 6 months without exposing to any side effects.
The pros and cons
In order to remember easier the most important qualities, here are the essentials:
- The formula doesn’t include mercury, bleach nor hydroquinone
- It’s safe to use on all skin types, sensitive skin included
- It’s made with 10 ingredients that are known for their benefits on skin
- It’s lightweight and has no smell
- It goes fast and easy into your skin
- You can use it safely for several months
The downsides are worth to look at, but they’re not deal breakers:
- You need to pay the extra buck for it as it’s not the cheapest cream out there
- It may simply not work for you
A final word
Meladerm Lightening/Whitening Hyperpigmentation cream is a reliable choice that is worth every single penny and…did we mention it’s made in our USA?