- Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that the more you’re paying for your skin care products, the more you can expect from them.
Sure enough, a healthy skin care routine does help, but it’s all in vain if you’re not willing to pay the extra buck for your cosmetic products.
As if this wasn’t demanding enough, there are some things you shouldn’t compromise.
Take the skin serum, especially if you’re trying to get a fairer and evener skin tone. Do you really want to lose money and time trying all the serums in town, or you’d rather open your wallet and go with the sure thing?
Why use the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum?
The Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum is a fast-acting treatment for fading age spots and pigmentation formulated around hydroquinone and glycolic acid, which is well-known as a highly (if not the most) efficient solution for fading dark spots, freckles and age spots.
The skin-lightening serum evens out skin tone only to allow brighter and clearer complexion to appear. It also lowers the chance for reoccurring of future pigmentation.
Anyone interested in lightening age spots, dark spots or evening skin tone, should confidently start using the spot remover serum from Murad.
Not only the serum is based on hydroquinone and glycolic acid, but it also includes the most powerful skin lightening ingredients at high levels. Even though the formula is strong, you can use it over-the-counter as it only includes 2% hydroquinone, which is safe to use without prescription.
Why is its formula so powerful and effective?
As the list of ingredients is not only long, but also full of ingredients that are known for their whitening and brightening of skin, we’re only going to go over some of the most popular ones.
- Hydroquinone (2%)- is controversial and efficient, just as well. It blocks the skin from producing an excess amount of melanin, which gives color to our skin. The brown spots are in fact too much melanin gathered together. Hydroquinone stops this process, which translates into whiter and brighter skin in time.
- Glycolic acid-it makes the scars less visible and smooths out skin discoloration. It’s working without irritating the skin, which makes it a safe ingredient for the sensitive skin too. It removes dullness from skin and boosts the collagen production. It refreshes the skin and smooths is, fighting against skin aging too.
- Rice amino acids-moisturizes the skin and keeps the oil production under control. It helps the skin fight against aging and increases the firmness and tightness of skin. It lessens the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines, but also fades out the dark spots. It evens out your skin tone and protects it from the outer stressors. It makes your skin look younger.
- Aloe Vera- alleviates symptoms in psoriasis and eczema, but also in sunburns. It moisturizes the skin and controls acne. It smooths out the stretch marks and calms the skin. It has anti-aging abilities too.
- Yeast amino acids-minimizes the damage of free radicals on skin, improving its loos. It brings comfort to skin and locks in moisture of skin.
- Urea- is a reliable exfoliator that moisturizes and hydrates the skin. It sooths the skin in psoriasis and eczema, giving a healthy radiance to skin.
- Hydrogenated castor oil-controls acne and slows down the aging of skin. It smooths out the wrinkles and fine lines, fading out hyperpigmentation.
- Grape seed extract-it lowers the effects of UVs on skin as it’s antioxidant. It addresses melasma and keeps your skin younger looking.
- Ascorbic acid-it makes fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable and protects the skin from the sun’s damage. It encourages the collagen production and brightens the skin complexion. It fades out discoloration of skin and removes the under-eye circles.
How to use it?
Once your skin is very well cleansed, you can apply a thin layer over your face, neck, chest and even on your hands.
A little goes a long way so the serum is going to serve you well for quite some time. It has a gel consistency and just the right thickness.
We’re kind of sitting on the fence about the smell. Some like it, some don’t. It is what it is and smell is a personal matter anyways.
Some use it under makeup, but it’s better to let it completely dry before apply the makeup.
Some safety tips when using a hydroquinone treatment
As hydroquinone is rather a strong ingredient, you need to be aware of the safety rules that you should follow when you’re applying a hydroquinone treatment.
- Sun protection is essential, especially if you’re using skin-lightening products. you should apply an SPF30 or even greater sunscreen all year long, no matter if it’s raining or not. Wear protective clothes too and try not to apply the serum in the morning, if you know you’re not dedicated to this kind of skin care routine.
- Keep the serum in an opaque container so that you minimize air exposure. Hydroquinone does lose its quality in the presence of air.
What do we like the most about the serum? Is there anything we don’t like?
The serum is packed with qualities so listing only few of them is a bit challenging:
- The serum is formulated on hydroquinone and glycolic acid
- Its formula also includes numerous ingredients with whitening and brightening abilities
- It fades out dark spots and brightens the skin tone
- It leaves the skin soft and smooth
Bells and whistles aside, we’d like to mention the minor issues, only to play it fair until the end:
- Some experienced malfunction of the pump
- Not everyone is going to go for its smell
Do we have a winner or not?
Loaded with well-known ingredients that proved over and over again their whitening and brightening properties, the serum is a sure go for most. As long as you’re playing it safe while using it, you should be more than satisfied with its performance.
===> See the reviews and pricing on Amazon
Recent reviews on Sugar & Fluff Beauty: the Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture, the Murad Resurgence Facial Toner, the Murad Resurgence Renewing Eye Cream, the Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion, the Murad Resurgence Renewing Cleansing Cream Review.