Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Professional C-Serum by Obagi System
When you don’t figure out what you’re doing wrong about your skin care regimen, check once again the things that you’re doing and see if you’re using already a Vitamin C serum.
A good vitamin C serum is going to work against the aging of your skin, as it’s supposed to be able to make the fine lines and wrinkles more difficult to notice, but also to brighten skin complexion.
Why is the Professional C-Serum by Obagi System that special?
For some, the price tag may be the first thing to notice about the Obagi Professional C-Serum. Truth be told, you’re going to have to open your wallet bigger than expected, but it’s only a matter of time until you’re going to see it for yourself that the serum is all worth it.
The serum comes with a high concentration of vitamin C and it’s a great choice for the normal to oily skin. Its one-of-a-kind formula is going to fade out the signs of aging, leaving your skin softer and smoother.
What is the formula?
The formula of the serum doesn’t include numerous natural and organic ingredients, but only ingredients that are well known for their benefits on skin.
- L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C)-is the main ingredient of the serum. It brightens the brown spots and fades out the fine lines and wrinkles, which are the first signs of aging. It also puts the effect of photo damage under control and shrinks the pores. It gives a nice glow to your skin and leaves it healthier and younger looking. It also protects the skin from future damage and improves its elasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid- is great for maintaining the level moisture in skin. It fills in the fine lines and wrinkles, keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized throughout the whole day.
- Zinc chloride- is a white crystalline solid that is commonly used in cosmetics and personal care products. it cleanses the skin and controls the growth of microorganisms. It may give a tingling sensation, but it tightens the skin, for a younger appearance.
- Calcium hydroxide- is a white solid that appears in various forms. It’s a common ingredient in cosmetics as it controls the pH of cosmetic products.
- Sorbitol- is a sugar alcohol derived from fruits. It gives fragrance to the cosmetic products and prevents the moisture loss in skin. It hydrates the skin and is good for the dry skin.
- Propylene glycol- helps the serum maintain its properties within a range of temperatures. It’s important for the combination of various ingredients. It helps the serum attract and hold onto moisture.
- Ascorbyl glucoside-is a stable form of Vitamin C that is combined with glucose. It’s absorbed into the skin and breaks down to ascorbic acid (pure vitamin C), acting as an antioxidant. It replenishes the skin and helps the skin to remain smoother, brighter and younger. It evens out the skin tone and helps the skin look better.
What’s to keep in mind about the use?
The serum works great for the aging skin and it addresses sun damage, keeping the free radical effects under control as well. It helps with hyperpigmentation.
Due to its formula, the serum is safe to use on oily and dry skin alike, but also on combination and normal skin. Despite its powerful formula, the serum works for the sensitive and acne-prone skin too.
You should start your skin care routine with a thorough cleansing of your skin. Don’t hesitate to tone your skin with the Obagi Nu-Derm Toner.
5-7 drops of the serum are going to be enough for face, neck and décolleté. Use your finger tips and gently massage it into your skin.
The serum sinks right in and doesn’t need much time for complete absorption. You may perfectly include it in your AM and PM routine. It has a nice scent and sooths the skin.
Layering very well under other cosmetic products, the serum works amazing under makeup. When used in the morning, it’s safe to follow it with a sunscreen. Take a look at the Obagi Hydrate Luxe Moisture-Rich Cream. It may be of big help when looking for a moisturizer to use after the serum.
Remember to store the serum in a dark cool place, at room temperature (59-68F degrees). Keep it out of direct sunlight and maintain the cap on tightly when you’re not using it.
What do we like the most? Is there something we hate?
The serum is loaded with qualities so here are our favs:
- The serum has a strong, yet gentle formula
- It’s highly concentrated in vitamin C
- It lessens the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles
- It protects the skin from future damage
- It brightens the skin tone and improves the skin complexion
- It has a nice scent and works for various skin types
The cons shouldn’t make you hold back:
- It’s definitely far from being a cheap option
- It may simply not give results overnight for everyone
What’s the final word?
Even though some may feel the serum comes for a steep price, as long as you’re focusing on the good and are willing to get only the very best for your skin, you should take the plunge and get it next time when you’re shopping.
===> See the reviews and pricing on Amazon
Other Vitamin C serums we have reviewed: the Mad Hippie, the Mario Badescu, the Skinceuticals, the C Serum 22 by Serumtologie Review, the Klairs, the Amara Organics.