- Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Pixi Overnight Glow serum
Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Pixi Overnight Glow serum
It takes time and dedication to have the perfection skin and there are so many things that you need to pay attention to when it comes to the beauty and well-being of your skin. stress, hormonal imbalance, dirt, impurities and various outer aggressors play their part in the premature aging of our skin. what we eat and how much water we drink is also fundamental for the health of our skin, so when it comes to proper skin care only using 1 or two cosmetic products isn’t going to cut it.
Who is Pixi? Why give the Pixi Overnight Glow Serum a shot?
It was Petra Strand that created more than 10 years ago her flagship boutique in London. Her experience as a makeup artist and a product developer were fundamental for the brand. The skin-loving products soon won people all over the world as they give that “just had a good night’s sleep” appearance.
Petra Strand has been determined to develop revolutionary formulas that include both beneficial ingredients and botanicals. Pixi cosmetics is a lot about multitasking and flaw-fixing and the products sure address to the women always on the run, who barely have some time to spare.
The main mission of Pixi hasn’t changed from its beginning: it’s still preoccupied to bring out the natural beauty in women, no matter what.
The Pixi Overnight Glow serum is a revolutionary and exfoliating treatment that is going to change your skin for the better. It provides a revitalizing “peel” which dissolves gently the dull and dead cells to surface, only to allow the new skin cell to appear. It brightens and makes less noticeable the post-blemish redness and dark spots. It encourages the collagen production, helping the skin to improve its elasticity.
What are the ingredients behind the serum’s performance?
The list of ingredients is rather long, but we’re only going to take a closer look at some of them.
- Glycolic acid- lessens the visibility of various skin discoloration and scars. It’s gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin too. It boosts the collagen production in skin and removes dullness from skin. It refreshes the skin and fights the aging process. It leaves the skin smoother and better looking.
- Propylene glycol- is a plant based agent that eases the penetration of the serum
- Aloe leaf extract- sooths the skin in eczema and psoriasis. It speeds up the healing of skin and slows down the aging of skin. It protects the skin from damage of the sun and calms the skin.
- Cucumber fruit extract-it works great for the oily skin. It alleviates symptoms in sunburns and windburns, moisturizing the skin. It has softening abilities as well.
- Arginine- improves the circulation in skin and protects the skin from the environmental stressors. It helps the skin look better and younger.
- Retinyl palmitate- sustains the cell turnover and encourages the collagen production in skin.
- Ascorbyl palmitate- is a stable and non-acidic form of vitamin C and it’s an efficient antioxidant. It’s a great ingredient that reduces the environmental damage on skin.
- Ascorbic acid- brightens the dark spots in skin and fights the aging of the skin. It makes fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable and gives the skin a healthy glow. It minimizes the sun’s damage on skin.
- Sucrose- hydrates the skin
- Disodium EDTA- it works as a preservative, stabilizer or chelator. It helps the serum better cleanse your skin. It helps the serum maintain its properties and efficiency.
- Lecithin-it’s an emollient that smooths the skin and restore its hydration. It helps in eczema and acne and tones the skin, improving its appearance.
- Hydrogenated lecithin- hydrates the skin and helps it become smoother.
- Ammonium hydroxide-adjusts the serum’s ph. It’s safe to use on all skin types.
What’s the best way to use the serum?
For best results, it’s recommended that you only use the serum at night. Make sure your skin is cleansed and dry. Better, yet, go ahead and try a cleanser from the same cosmetic line. Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser isn’t going to let you down. Follow it with a toner for your skin.
2 or 3 drops of the serum are going to be enough for each use. Massage gently the serum until it’s fully absorbed. The texture may be a bit surprising to many as it’s rather a gel consistency. This doesn’t mean that the serum isn’t going to need much time for complete absorbency.
A little goes a long way and the serum is going to serve you good for quite some time. It brightens and clears your skin, eliminating breakouts and any dry patches.
The serum doesn’t dry out your skin and has no smell. It doesn’t irritate the skin and shrinks the enlarged pores. It’s easy to use and has a good price, considering its overall quality.
Never forget about moisturizing so give it a try with the Pixi Glowtion Day Dew.
If you’re going to apply the serum also in the morning, make sure that you use sunscreen. As it contains glycolic acid, the serum makes the skin more sensitive to sun. You should always follow it with a sunscreen in the morning and stay away from the sun as much as you can.
What do we really like about the serum? Is there something we like less?
Packed with so many qualities, the serum gives us plenty of reasons not to skip on when in need.
We’ve shorted our pros to the following:
- It makes the skin more radiant
- It clears the skin and eliminates redness
- It reduces breakouts and keep acne at bay
- It brightens the skin and evens out the skin tone
- It doesn’t irritate nor dry out the skin
- It eliminates dry patches
- It reduces the enlarged pores
- It’s a good value for the money
Even though the minor issues are far from being deal breakers, we still feel that it’s fair that we list them too:
- The eye dropper system could use some improvement
- Its consistency may feel weird to some
- As skin reacts differently, it may not give fast results in all cases.
What’s our final word on the serum?
Brightening your skin complexion and evening your skin tone, the serum is going to improve the overall appearance of your skin. On top of everything else, it’s not costing an arm and a leg so you’re in for quite a bargain for better looking skin.
Our latest cosmetic product reviews: the Peptide Complex Serum by Foxbrim, the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum, LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream, No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Serum, the Derma Devine Stem Cell Anti-Aging Eye Serum Review.