If you’re looking to straighten your black hair without using a flat iron, the straightening brush may be just the right choice for you. The market gives you plenty of choices so knowing one thing or two about them isn’t going to hurt when shopping.
What to look for when shopping?
Here are some things to double check when trying to select a straightening brush:
- The bristles
Look for a straightening brush with good quality bristles that stay firmly into the base of the brush. The tips play their part also and you should get a brush with nylon bristles when your scalp is sensitive. Some ball-tipped bristles are going to make a better job on a hair that is prone to tangling.
- The plates
This is the part that comes in contact with your hair and high-quality straightening brushes come with ceramic technology or tourmaline technology that protect the hair and lower the heat damage.
- The shape
The size and shape of the brush should be related to the length of your hair. A roller brush with circular shape is better for the longer hair, whereas a flat brush may work better for medium and short hair.
- The handle
Styling your hair with a straightening brush that is difficult to hold is no fun. An ergonomic design which ensures great comfort for your arms and hands is something worth to look for and you should always look for a handle that offers a good, steady and comfy grip for a long time.
One tip to remember
No matter how tight is your budget, you should never compromise on the quality of your straightening brush. A good one is going to give a flawless, frizz-free and healthy look to your curls, whereas a poor quality brush may not only not give results, but also damage your hair.
Get online, gather all the info you need and don’t hesitate to ask around. Who knows, maybe the best straightening brush may be right around the corner.
Top 15 Straightening Brushes for Black Hair
1. Going shopping on a tight budget may put you on the spot, but you can still end up with a good bargain when choosing a straightening brush like the Hair Straightener Brush, Magictec Ceramic Heating Straightening Irons Brush.
The flat-iron straightener comes with a built-in comb which massages the scalp and improves circulation.
The precision-control feature is non-scalding and anti-static, ensuring a constant temperature ranging between 330 and 430F degrees. When not in use, the brush is going to automatically shut down.
The straightening brush is ready to use out of the box and gives great results even on thick and coarse black hair. easy to use and durable, the straightening brush is quite a bang for your buck.
Going over the good things once again:
- It comes with adjustable temperature
- It shuts down automatically when not in use
- It’s easy to use and comes with LED screen display
- It straightens even the thick and coarse hair
The downsides aren’t major:
- The instructions are rather poor
- It may accidentally turn off
Far from being a lemon, the straightener brush is a dependable option and it’s hard to say “no” to when your wallet is thin.
2. When you’re looking for a small, yet dependable, straightening brush, the Kingdomcares Hair Straightener Brush, PTC Faster Heating Straightening Brush Styler at Home Purple is a nice option to keep in mind.
The brush heats up fast and straightens your hair, eliminating frizz and giving a nice appearance to your hair. It presents PTC ceramic heating technology and you may easily use one of the 3 temperature levels, ranging from 284 to 356F degrees.
Safe to use on all types of hair, chemically-treated hair included, the straightening brush is easy to use and comes with 360 swivel cord and LED indicator. It also features auto-off feature for safer use.
Here’s a very short list of pros:
- It straightens the hair nice and easy
- It presents adjustable temperature
- It’s safe to use on all hair types
- It’s easy to travel with
The inherent flaws shouldn’t bother you much:
- One may think it’s too small
- It doesn’t give the most impressive results
As long as you’re able to focus on the big picture, which shows us a dependable, adjustable and easy to use straightening brush, you shouldn’t hesitate give the brush a try on your black hair.
3. Easy to take when traveling, but also reliable for leaving your hair silky smooth and shiny, the InstaMagic Hair Straightener Brush with LED Display is lightweight and a good buy every time.
Portable, the straightener brush heats up fats and glides fairly easy through your hair like a regular hair brush. It’s anti-static and anti-frizz and the maximum temperature is 450F degree. The brush comes with an auto shut-off for safe use and the LCD digital display is easy to read.
The 360-degree swivel cord is long and the plates are wide and smooth. The brush comes with a lock for safe storage and it gives nice results on thick and coarse hair as well.
Here’s what we like about it the most:
- The brush comes with wide ceramic plates
- The plates heat up fast and leave the hair silky smooth
- It comes with auto shut-off and lock feature
- The cord is long and the use is fairly easy
We’re not concern about the inherent flaws:
- It’s a tad big for smaller hands
- The rubber tips aren’t the best choice for some hair types
Nevertheless, as it’s dependable and leaves your hair silky smooth, the straightener brush is one solid choice and a good value for the price altogether.
4. If you’re looking to replace your flat iron with just a few bucks, you should take the leap of faith with Hair Straightener Brush, Oak Leaf Electric Heating Ceramic Iron Straightening.
Designed with precise temperature control to ensure anti-scald and warm contact massage, the straightener brush comes with a built-in automatic constant temperature feature. It heats up and cools down easy, giving you speed on the job.
The brush doesn’t damage your hair and reduces static. The maximum temperature is 450 F degrees and you can easily adjust the temperature, according to your hair type.
The swivel cord gives you freedom of movement when styling and the brush is easy to store as it doesn’t take much space.
Let’s see the good things once again:
- It heats up and cools down easy
- It comes with adjustable temperature
- It has a swivel cord
- It doesn’t take much space
The minor issues shouldn’t stress you out much:
- The controls are on the handle so accidental operation may happen
- It may not perform the best on a very thick and coarse hair
Long story short, as it’s affordable, easy to adjust and to use, the straightening brush is worth to try on your black hair anytime.
5. Taming the unruly hair and making your hair a lot easier to handle, the USpicy Hair Straightening Brush is a nice surprise for the money.
The brush comes with MCH ceramic plates and heats up to 450F degrees, softening and straightening your hair even faster than expected. You can use one of the 7 temperature levels, according to your hair type and volume. The auto shut-off and auto button lock keep things safe at all time. The anti-scald design with heat insulation tips reduces the risk for accidental burns and the matte black finish make it look elegant on any night stand.
Let’s go briefly over the good things:
- The brush is easy and safe to use
- It comes with 7 adjustable heat settings
- It smooths and straightens the hair nice and easy
- It has a matte black finish which looks very elegant
The inherent flaws are no reason to change your mind:
- It’s not the best choice for short hair
- It doesn’t get very close to the scalp
Looking elegant and straightening your hair in no time, the straightening brush still stands as one solid choice for black hair.
6. Heating up fast and smoothing your black hair just fine, the Apalus Hair Straightening Brush isn’t just a valid choice, but also an affordable option for many.
The straightening brush has a maximum heat of 450F degrees and maintains a constant temperature at 365F degrees. It comes with auto shut-off protection and LED display for the temperature.
User friendly and presenting dual voltage operation support, the straightening brush doesn’t give a nasty smell and takes the use for a good amount of time. The handle and the head don’t get hot and the brush works without breaking the bank.
Let’s list our favs:
- It comes with adjustable temperature
- The handle and the head don’t get hot
- It comes with auto shut-off feature
- It’s user friendly and affordable
We’re not backing down over some minor cons:
- The tips aren’t as durable as you’d expect
- It may dry out your hair
As long as you’re using a good heat protecting product and take good care of your black hair, you shouldn’t be far from a perfectly styled hair when using the straightening brush.
7. The BearMoo Hair Straightener Brush isn’t your regular straightening brush as it doesn’t just straighten your hair, but it also eliminates frizz and gives a nice shine to your black hair. the brush eliminates split ends and knots, leaving your hair smoother and healthier looking.
Made with MCH (Metal Ceramic Heater) technology, the straightening brush heats up pretty fast, giving you speed while straightening your hair.
The brush comes with a long and tangle-free cable and it’s lightweight, ensuring easy and comfortable use. It has a square head and heated bristles and the LCD temperature display is easy to read.
The automatic shut-off feature keeps you safe and the temperature ranges from 170 to 450 F degrees.
Here are our favs:
- It heats up fast up to 450F degrees
- It leaves your hair straight, smooth and silky
- It eliminates split ends and knots
- It’s lightweight and comfortable to use
The cons aren’t deal breakers:
- Some find it difficult to make the fine adjustments due to the design
- One may notice the brush drying their hair
Reliable and great from straightening and smoothing out your hair, the straightening brush isn’t a lemon and you should try it on your black hair.
8. Leaving your black hair silky smooth and eliminating split ends, the Enhanced Hair Straightener Brush by MiroPure is one valid option to try. Even if its popularity speaks volumes, the straightener brush is packed up with features that explain its performance.
The straightening brush comes with auto-off and auto temperature lock, for safer and better performance. It’s easy to use and travel-friendly and comes with a 360-fdegree swivel power cord. It massages the scalp and distributes heat evenly. The heat temperature is easy to adjust from 300F degrees to 450 F degrees.
Let’s go over the good things once again:
- It comes with auto-temperature lock and auto-off feature
- The temperature is easy to adjust
- It’s easy to use and comfy to hold
- It’s travel-friendly and works for all hair types
The minor issues aren’t deal breakers:
- It may pull a bit
- Some expected better results at the roots
Nevertheless, for the reliable performance and several features, the straightening brush is money well spent any given day.
9. Heating in 30 seconds and keeping the temperature even, the InStyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush isn’t just a dependable, but also a good value for the price altogether.
The 65 ceramic heated plated are going to straighten and smooth your hair with just one pass. The cool tip ionic bristles detangle your hair, but present a smooth non-grip surface.
The temperature is adjustable and you can choose one of the 7 heat settings. Ranging from 330F degrees and 450F degrees. The swivel cord and automatic shut off ease up the use and keep you safe while using the straightening brush.
We’ve sum up the qualities to the following:
- The temperature is easy to adjust
- The swivel cord and the automatic shut off make the use easy and safe
- The brush comes with cool tip ionic bristles
- It straightens and smooths the hair fast and easy
The minor issues shouldn’t count much when choosing:
- The instructions could be clearer
- The cord is a tad thinner
As long as you’re focusing on the goods, which are so many, the straightening brush is a dependable option any time.
10. Made with the patented 3D technology, the DAFNI The Original Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush heats up and straightens your hair even faster.
It’s a safe choice that gives nice results on coarse, colored, fine, dry, curly, oily and normal hair. It’s made with high quality materials and it’s safe to use thanks to its safety mechanism and heat resistance feature.
The straightening brush works at the recommended temperature of 365F degrees, straightening and protecting your hair from heat damage at the same time.
Here are our favs:
- It heats and straightens the hair pretty fast
- It works on all hair types
- It comes with safety features
- It runs on a constant temperature
The cons aren’t major:
- It’s a tad heavy
- It doesn’t come with adjustable heat settings
All in all, as it’s safe to use and straightens all hair types in no time, the straightener brush is a good choice that doesn’t empty your pockets either.
11. The ergonomic design and the comfort grip of the AsaVea Professional Hair Straightening Brush with Mirror are its main strengths, but the straightening brush does bring a lot more to the table.
The brush comes with 360-degree anti-scald bristles that ensure even heat distribution and negative Ion protection for your hair while straightening it. The brush leaves the hair shinier, smoother, healthier and easier to style. It eliminates frizz and heats up pretty fast.
The automatic shut off safety features and the 360 swivel cord make the use easy and safe. The straightening brush works for all hair types.
Here are our favorite parts about it:
- It comes with anti-scald bristles
- It heats up fast and evenly
- It straightens and smooths out the hair without damaging it
- It has a 360-degree swivel cord and an automatic shut-off function
We’re not badly impressed by the downsides:
- Some don’t think the mirror useful
- It’s a bit heavier than expected
Regardless of the minor problems, the straightening brush isn’t far from making you happy with the results on your black hair.
12. Even if the bright yellow color is the first thing you notice on Gisala Metal Ceramic Heater Hair Straightening Brush, there’s more to then brush than a pretty appearance.
The straightening brush comes with Metal Ceramic Heater technology so it straightens the hair without damaging it. It detangles your hair, leaving it straight and silky smooth. It doesn’t pull the hair and diminishes frizz too.
The straightening brush comes with auto-off timer and automatic button lock, so the risk for accidental button pressing is minor. the brush is easy to use and its digital LED temperature display is user friendly.
The maximum temperature is 450F degrees and the brush ensure sleek and professional results.
Let’s take a closer look at the good things:
- It comes with Metal Ceramic Heater Technology
- It ensures sleek and professional results
- It’s easy and safe to use
- It comes in a bright yellow color
We’re not making a fuss out of the minor issues:
- It may get hot
- Some expected the brush to eliminate frizz even better
For the professional results and pretty appearance, the straightening brush is worth to try on your black hair.
13. Needing only few seconds to heat up, the Amika Limited Edition Holiday Polished Perfection Straightening Brush is going to leave your hair straight and silky smooth, no matter how thick or coarse is.
The straightener brush gives impressive results and you’re only going to need to use one single stroke for straighter hair. the brush comes with a double ion generator and gives millions of negative ions for smoother hair.
It comes with adjustable temperature settings and a lock feature so using it is both easy and safe. It straightens the hair from root to tip and cuts the styling time in half.
Let’s take a closer look at the best qualities:
- It heats up in seconds
- You only need one single stroke for straightening the hair
- It comes with safe feature and adjustable temperature setting
- It looks very nice
We’re not holding back over some inherent flaws:
- The power button could use a better placement
- It’s not the cheapest option
No matter the inherent flaws, for the fast and amazing results, you should definitely take the plunge and get it already.
14. if you want to try ionic technology for straightening your hair, the 2-in-1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush PTC Heating Hair Straightening is surely going to make a nice impression on you.
The straightening brush gives a lustrous, silky and smooth appearance to your hair. it eliminates frizz and straightens your hair without burning it or damaging it in any way.
The automatic turn-off function keeps you safe, whereas the five heat settings gives you the chance to use the right heat for your hair types. The temperature ranges from 302 to 446F degrees and it’s easy to adjust it. The hair straightening brush heats up fats thanks to the Positive Temperature Coefficient.
Let’s check once again the good things:
- It’s made with ionic technology
- The temperature is adjustable
- It comes with automatic turn off function
- It straightens the hair without damaging it
The negatives shouldn’t make you change your mind:
- The heat distribution could be better
- It’s a tad bulky
In spite of the minor problems, the straightening brush is still a valid choice and a wise investment to make.
15. If you have no problem on spending the high dollar for your hair straightening brush, you shouldn’t sit on the fence and try the HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Glider Brush.
The straightening brush comes with adjustable temperature setting from 350 to 450 degrees and it’s safe to use on all hair types. It comes with Professional Ceramic/tourmaline ion plates, leaving your hair shinier and silkier. It removes frizz from your hair and doesn’t leave your hair dull either.
The flash quick heating and the swivel cord ensure safe and easy use, and the straightening brush is great even for the less experienced. The grip is sturdy and the design is ergonomic. The solid ceramic plates don’t damage or break your hair and the coils keep an even temperature.
We’ve shorted our pros to the following:
- The hair straightening brush comes with adjustable temperature setting
- It leaves your hair shinier and silkier
- It’s very easy and comfortable to use
- It doesn’t break nor damage your hair
The cons are far from being deal breakers:
- The power button is a bit weirdly placed
- The instructions could be clearer
Taking the use for a long time and straightening the hair nice and easy, the straightening brush is worth every single penny, no matter how many they are.