If you’re new to the latest skin care technologies, you’re definitely going to be impressed by microneedling.
Micro-needling (or microneedling, it’s just the same) is a process that uses needles in order to puncture hundreds of tiny holes into your skin (per se!). In spite of what you may think, this procedure isn’t entirely new and it has been used for 50 years now. However, it did become a lot more popular as many Hollywood celebrities are talking about and use it more often.
Why use serums for microneedling?
Microneedling is also known as the Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and involves one little tool (aka the derma pen) that features little tiny needles at its end. This little tool is going to make the very tiny holes in the top layers of your skin.
Serums are concentrated skin care products that are created for solving specific skin conditions. They’re supposed to go deep into your skin and solve the problem within. Using a serum after microneedling is only going to help the serum get faster and easier where it’s supposed to go.
As for the type of serum that goes best with microneedling, there is no perfect solution. You’re going to have to use different derma pens for addressing different skin conditions (hyperpigmentation, anti-aging, acne scars and so on). Therefore, you’re going to have to use different serums for your skin conditions as well. Make sure to get informed before so that your skin benefits from microneedling and serums too.
Top 5 Microneedling Serum Reviews
1. When you’re trying to do your best for your skin, but your wallet is rather thin, finding a good serum that keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized may become quite a challenge. However, you can have your shot with the Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Cosmedica Skincare.
The hyaluronic acid serum is a good option for your micro needling and it’s going to boost the youth of your skin just fine. It fills in the wrinkles and fine lines, leaving your skin rejuvenated and fresh.
The formula is based on 100% pure hyaluronic acid and the serum is organic, which is so nice for a low priced serum.
Once you start using the serum with microneedling, you’re going to notice how your skin gets well hydrated. The hyaluronic acid binds water to cells, improving skin’s elasticity and younger feel. Additionally, the serum is going to smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles, helping your skin feel and look younger.
The serum is also strong enough to reduce the appearance of redness, sun spots or age spots. It may improve also the visibility of dark under eye circles, eliminating eye puffiness.
Even though the serum is effective, its formula is rather delicate so it’s safe to use on all skin types, sensitive skin including. Even the oily skin may benefit from the serum.
Use upward circular motions when applying the serum. Lightweight, the serum has a nice finish and leaves a fresh feel onto your skin. You may use it AM and PM, with better results when combined with microneedling.
Let’s list our favs:
- It’s made with pure hyaluronic acid
- It refreshes the skin and hydrates it for quite some time
- It smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles
- It’s safe to use on all skin types and has a nice finish
The cons aren’t major:
- The pump could use some improvement
- One may not go for its smell
Regardless of the minor issues, the serum doesn’t just hydrate and refreshes your skin, but it also saves you some bucks as well.
2. If you’re looking to slow down the aging of your skin, without breaking the bank, a valid option to keep in mind for your microneedling is the Amara Organics Vitamin C serum.
Formulated on vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E, the serum is going to smooth out your wrinkles and fine lines, evening your skin tone on the side. Your skin is going to become more radiant and the risk for acne and breakouts is going to lower. The serum minimizes your skin pores and smooths out the acne scars as well.
The hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin, but also fills in the fine lines and wrinkles. The serum also includes witch hazel which calms the skin and repairs it on cellular level. The list of ingredients also includes aloe Vera, jojoba oil, gotu kola extract, horsetails plant extract, dandelion extract and geranium extract. All of them are known for their abilities to address various skin conditions.
A little goes a long way and the serum soaks right into your skin. It has a nice texture and it’s lightweight. Its scent is very pleasant as well, but it doesn’t linger on skin. As it includes various natural ingredients, it’s wiser to run a patch test before you use it on your skin.
as it’s a vitamin C serum, it’s also a good idea to follow it with a moisturizer or/and sunscreen when using it in the morning.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- The serum is loaded with natural ingredients
- It smooths out the wrinkles and acne scars
- It keeps acne at bay and evens out your skin tone
- It has a pleasant scent and a lightweight texture
The cons are no reason for you to back down:
- It may leave a sticky residue if you’re using too much of it
- The risk for breakouts isn’t null, as skin reacts differently
All in all, the serum still stands as reliable option for microneedling, when you don’t have much money to spend but you still want to have a healthier and younger looking skin.
3. Formulated with medical grade ingredients, the Retinol Serum 2.5% with Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E by Yeouth is a great option to use with your microneedling.
The anti-aging serum is based on retinol and boosts the collagen production in skin, increasing the elasticity of skin and reducing pores at the same time. It keeps acne under control and smooths out the sun spots, age spots and other discolorations on face.
The hyaluronic acid within the formula is something you always want for your skin and is maintains moisture in skin and leaves it plumper and softer. It hydrates the skin and gives it a younger feel too.
The formula also includes aloe Vera and pure vitamin E, that are going to sooth the skin. Rich in vitamin E, C and beta carotene, the ingredients are going to slow down the aging of skin and protect it from sun’s damage too. Vitamin E is highly effective for evening your skin tone and strengthen your skin’s barrier against the outer aggressors.
A little goes a long way and the serum gives best results when included in your night time skin care routine.
Here are our favs about it:
- It’s formulated with retinol, vitamin A, C, E and beta carotene
- It smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles
- It hydrates and moisturizes the skin
- It evens the skin complexion and reduces sun’s damage to skin
We’re not making a drama out of the minor downsides:
- The smell isn’t the best asset of the serum
- The risk for some rashes isn’t null
All in all, as it brings to the table so many benefits for the skin and doesn’t empty your pockets either, the serum is a good addition to get for your microneedling.
4. Boosting the collagen production and taking the benefits of microneedling to another level, the CLEARstem Acne Scar Removal Serum is quite the investment to make for your skin.
The serum is able to lessen the visibility of your fine lines and wrinkles, but also makes the sun and age spots difficult to notice. It increases your skin’s firmness and improves your skin complexion, leaving it fresher and younger.
The strong antioxidants within the formula neutralize free radicals in order to put the sun damage under control. The serum reduces the skin pores and keeps acne at bay. It also improves the appearance of acne scars and gives a healthy radiance to your skin. It heals your skin cells and speeds up the healing of acne scars.
The formula includes high quality natural and organic ingredients and no color or artificial perfumes. It’s made with green tea, coconut oil and mushroom extract, which protect the skin against the outer stressors.
The serum has a wonderful smell and may give a slight tingling/cooling sensation at first. It’s effective, yet safe to use on all skin types, sensitive skin including.
Let’s go over the main pros once again:
- The serum boosts the collagen production in skin
- It protects the skin from outer stressors
- It refreshes your skin and heals the skin cells
- It heals the acne scars and keep acne at bay
Don’t let the minor issues change your mind:
- Some got the serum with no seal
- It’s not the cheapest serum to buy
However, if you’re willing to pay for a clearer, younger and healthier looking skin, you shouldn’t hesitate and give the serum a try asap.
5. For those of you willing to pay the high dollar for their ski care regimen, a wise investment for the microneedling is for sure the Osmosis Skincare Stem Factor Liposomal Serum.
The serum is formulated on ingredients that improve the collagen and elastin production in skin, which translates into younger looking skin on the long run.
Especially designed to address all skin types, the serum is going to lessen the appearance of puffiness and dark circles in the eye area and may perfectly be used both AM and PM>
The special technology of the serum engages exosome that contain the growth factors and protein, which improves penetration for maximizing the results. The serum sustains the repair process in skin, while boosting the new cells for rebuilding elastin and collagen in skin.
The formula includes not only the growth factor, but also witch hazel, lemon peel oil and lactic acid. Each of these ingredients are already known for their abilities to slow down the aging process and even the skin ton.
The serum is going to reduce the pores, fine lines and wrinkles. It makes the scars less noticeable and tightens the skin. Unlike other cosmetics, its results are permanent and constant use is only going to benefit your skin even more.
Hydrating the skin, the serum has a nice consistency and doesn’t leave a greasy residue. It dries clear and softens the skin.
Let’s list the things we like the most about it:
- It has a special formula based on growth factor and natural ingredients
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, boosting collagen and elastin in skin
- It hydrates the skin and increases its firmness
- It gives permanent results
Bells and whistles, the minor issues need to be mentioned for the full picture:
- One may think it’s a tad runny
- It doesn’t give results over night
Nevertheless, as long as you’re determined to really get the best out of the microneedling routine, you should put your money at stake and splurge the skin with Osmosis Skincare serum.