- 1 Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Rodan and Fields Redefine Night Renewing Serum
- 1.1 Have you heard by Rodan and Fields? What’s the first thing to notice on the Night Renewing Serum?
- 1.2 Are there any special ingredients within the formula?
- 1.3 The side note when using a retinol skin care product
- 1.4 What are the other tips to remember when using it? What’s it like when using the serum?
- 1.5 What’s the best part about the serum? What don’t we like about it?
- 1.6 The final word
Sugar & Fluff’s Review of the Rodan and Fields Redefine Night Renewing Serum
In spite of many may think, aging isn’t all roses and rainbows and it’s not only the energy that we start losing as we grow older. As it ages, our skin starts producing less and less collagen and elastin and it also begins to lose its natural amount of hyaluronic acid. Loss of firmness, lack of hydration and dullness are all signs of aging and we’re only left with one thing to do: fight the aging process as soon as we can.
Have you heard by Rodan and Fields? What’s the first thing to notice on the Night Renewing Serum?
Rodan and Fields is a multi-level marketing company that was born around 2000. Kathy Fields and Katie Rodan are its original founders and the company is creating skin care products addressing all sorts of problems.
The company’s functioning principles are a bit controversial and the company only involves women as independent consultants in order to sell their very own skin care products. this doesn’t mean the products are any less competitive and many speak well on the quality of the cosmetics.
The American company offers a satisfying diversity of serums, moisturizers and skin care cleansers and many sit on the fence about it. No matter the controversy though, the Night Renewing Serum isn’t an option to skip on when shopping.
The Rodan and Fields Redefine Night Renewing Serum stands out from the many options out there as it’s not only fragrance-free, but also formulated on retinol. It comes in a capsule form which means you don’t need to worry about the serum losing its properties once you open it. In this case, one single capsule is going to be more than enough for a single use. There’s plenty of serum in each capsule so that you have enough of it to apply on your face, neck and décolleté.
Are there any special ingredients within the formula?
The serum has a silicone-based formula and leaves a soft touch feel to your skin. The peptides inside the formula work great for leaving your skin hydrated and smooth every single time.
You get 60 caps inside the package and it’s important to mention that the formula is free of any fragrance, paraben, coconut, lanolin, coconut, nickel, soy, gluten, propylene glycol, MCI/Ml or preservatives. The serum is also lip safe which says a lot about the quality of its ingredients.
The formula is based on a strong and proprietary combination of retinol and peptides. They improve your skin’s texture and firmness, while making the fine lines and wrinkles more difficult to notice.
- Retinol- it’s the technical name for vitamin A and has impressive anti-aging benefits for the skin. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, while increasing firmness of skin. It evens out the skin tone, smoothing and refining the surface of skin. It also protects the skin from the outer stressors. It’s an amazing ingredient for the anti-aging serums or moisturizers.
- Dimethicone- is able to strengthen to skin’s protective barrier. It keeps the outer aggressors away from the skin. It may present a minor risk for eye or skin irritation.
- Retinyl palmitate- boosts the collagen production in skin and sustains the cell turnover.
The side note when using a retinol skin care product
As it’s a strong ingredient that slows down aging of skin, retinol does require you to pay attention to some details.
- Any retinol product should be soothing and gentle on your skin, so that your skin gets the best out of the retinol. This isn’t a problem with Rodan and Fields Night Renewing Serum as the formula is effective, while gentle on skin.
- All forms of retinol are going to lose their properties when exposed to air and light. This is another part where the Night Redefine Renewing Serum scores as you only need to open each capsule for usage. No need to worry about the serum losing its powers.
- It’s always wiser to start slowly with a retinol product. You may blend it with your regular moisturizer and pick up the signs your skin is giving you. Typically, the serum is gentle enough to be also used on lips so the risk for tingling is minor even in the beginning.
- Stay away from products that are only formulated on retinol. This shouldn’t concern you in the case of Night Redefine Renewing Serum as the formula includes also peptides, to say the least.
- Keep in mind to follow the retinol products with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF30 or even higher. It’s wiser not to be diligent when it comes to sun protection as the chances for an anti-aging product to protect you efficiently from the damaging UV’s are quite slim.
- Try to stay away from the eye area when using a serum cosmetic product. This applies to the serum by Rodan and Fields. Even though it’s not going to be damaging, the serum may sting in that delicate area.
What are the other tips to remember when using it? What’s it like when using the serum?
Starting your skin care routine with a proper skin cleansing is one thing to begin with. Some recommend using skin care products from the same line so give it a go with Rodan and Fields Redefine Daily Cleaning Mask.
The serum is lightweight and goes on smooth on skin. It has a silky feel to it and its consistency is pleasant. The serum absorbs fast into the skin, without leaving any residue or greasy feel to the skin.
The makeup is going to slide easier and smoother after wards. The serum improves the texture of your skin and leaves it toned and firm. It smooths out patches and breakouts and makes dark spots more difficult to notice. It also minimizes the visibility of pores and gives a younger feel to your skin.
You can also use it on lips, so it’s a multi-functional serum. When using the serum in your PM skin care routine, follow it with a nice cream like the Rodan + Fields REDEFINE Overnight Restorative Cream.
What’s the best part about the serum? What don’t we like about it?
In spite of the controversy about company’s marketing policy, the serum does stand as one valid option for many reasons:
- It’s formulated on a powerful and proprietary combination of retinol and peptides
- It improves the skin texture and firmness
- It reduces the appearance and wrinkles and fine lines
- It minimizes pores and reverses dark spots
- It has a silky feel and smooths the skin
- It comes in capsule form which are very easy to use
- It’s great to take when travelling
Far from being a lemon, the serum does have its perks:
- It’s not the cheapest serum out there
- The packaging could fit better the bill as it’s rather dull at the moment
- It may not give the impressive results for all
The final word
This serum doesn’t come cheap, but firmer, younger, and better looking skin isn’t something you can achieve on a tight budget. Are you willing to pay the extra buck for that younger skin?
Recent products we have reviewed: the Lumirance Vitamin C Serum, the Ingrown Hair Serum by European Wax Center, the Avalon Organic Intense Defense with Vitamin C Serum, the RoC Deep Wrinkle Serum, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum Review.